Friday, July 20, 2012

Half Way Point


Hola familia y amigos!!!

Well Wednesday was the month mark, about halfway done!!! I am already itching to get to Spain. I can’t wait. It is going to be great. I am starting to eat, live, and breathe Spanish. It is crazy! Sometimes I want to explode though since I have to try really hard to understand Spanish. But it is coming, slowly but surely. Our teacher asked the other day if we were doing all that we could do to qualify for the gift of tongues. Yes it is a gift we receive, but we have to try our best in order to receive it. Learning a language like this is beyond our natural capability, so that is why we have this gift. But we have to work as hard as we possibly can to receive it. So I’m trying. I have the first vision in Spanish pretty much down and memorized and when I was working on that I really felt like the Spanish was starting to click and I was understanding it. That was a really neat experience.

Ok my favorite experience that I had this week. I was in class yesterday and we were just having a conversation about those crazy questions like how there are different worlds and how Christ’s atonement was infinite and so on. But we got talking about the prophet and one of our teachers all of the sudden said I know that president Monson has physically seen God face to face. And then I said "so you think that all of our prophets see God?" and then he proceeded to look me in the eye and say "I don’t think, I know." The spirit hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I began to ponder that statement. In the scriptures it says there are special witnesses of Christ and Joseph Smith was a prophet and saw Christ, so why not the other prophets? Our teacher said in this dispensation the prophet has to see God in order to reveal things to us in the church. He firmly KNOWS that President Monson has see God face to face in the temple in the holy of holy rooms and that other members in the Quorum of the 12 have as well. Now that was just his testimony but it is something that I have been thinking about a lot.

Of course I didnt sleep last night because I was pondering that question but I think that God does appear to his prophets. There are so many things that you do not know about this church that we won’t learn until we are with Heavenly Father in heaven, that is why we just need to exercise faith as members. So that could be the million dollar question for the week. Has the present day prophet and other Quorum of the 12 members physically seen God face to face? I want to gain a testimony and a belief on that question. The teacher that told me he knows President Monson has seen Christ physically, I’ve never felt such a stronger belief from someone. The church is awesome.

Ok I hope you all have a good week!!!

Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment