Monday, June 24, 2013

Transfers!



Hello family and friends!!!

Well transfers are here and I am staying in Castellon and I am training again!! We will be going to Barcelona tonight and I will pick up my companion tomorrow. And we got into the new piso, cleaned it and I literally hung the last picture this morning so now I am all ready to go to receive the other 3 elders. One has the same time as me almost, and he is training as well. So we will have 2 new missionaries and 3 new missionaries for Castellon!! And my district grew to 8 with the new elders that are coming to Castellon, it has all kept me pretty busy.   We had problems with the hot water for a few days (of course, story of my mission) in our new piso so I called the dueno and lit a fire under him and told him to come fix it because he said everything was 100 percent ready, so of course I complained when I had a cold shower ha ha.  But they came and fixed it and now I am very happy in my nice huge piso, ready to do work again!!!

My miracle from the week was during church on Sunday. About 5 or 6 weeks ago we set a fecha with a man named Arturo. Then he just disappeared and we couldn’t get a hold of him at all and there was nothing we could do. Then he just walked into sacrament meeting on Sunday!! I was so shocked!!! So after I pounced on him and we set a visit with him for Thursday and he was telling me how sorry he was for what happened. He had left town and his phone is broken and he hasn’t bought a new one yet so he came to church to find us and to enjoy sacrament meeting. It was a huge miracle and I know that the Lord blesses us when we work hard and try our best, this truly is the work of the Lord and I know miracles happen every day.  So hopefully he will be getting baptized soon, but it is in the other Elders area but I don’t care as long as he goes down!! 

Splitting the area was fun as well.  It was a very spiritual experience.  I sat down with the map in front of me, listed all the strong members and where they were at, and thought about all the less actives, recent converts, and other people we are working with.  Then I knelt down to pray and asked for help to know what to do and how to split it the way the Lord wants, and how we will want the 4 of us to work. Then I got up, looked at the map, chalked some  lines where I wanted to spilt it, prayed again to know if it was right the way I had drawn it out, and then when I ended my prayer I looked at the map again and felt this huge comforting feeling come over me. I knew it was the Holy Ghost telling me that I did it the way the Lord wanted me to.  I didn’t expect this to be such a spiritual experience, but it was! And I know the Holy Ghost is real and I am so grateful for that gift we have in our life. 
Wish us luck out here with the new Elders and my new kid!!!!

Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment