Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hello World!

I only have a week and a half left in the MTC before I head out to Spain!!! We should be getting our travel plans today or tomorrow.  Which is way exciting.  But at the same time super scary because the Espanol can really kick my butt sometimes still!! I can communicate well and understand most of what is said, and people can understand my Spanish but I know it is broken and my sentences are improperly formed but if I get my point across I guess that is all that matters.  We are constantly told that if we truly show our love for the investigator and try our best, that they won’t care at all about our white Spanish.  I know I am going to be scared out of my mind when I head out to the field for the first day but bring on the adventure!! I’ll be in Spain, so I think I will be alright. I can’t wait to get there.  There are souls to be saved!! And I can’t wait to help them out.

MY CAR IS SOLD.  Steph and Dad tell Grace she better take care of it.  It’s like I have a part of me missing now!!! i am sad to see my jeep go, fun times in that car ha ha oh well. 

How is all the wedding planning going? And is everyone getting ready to back to school? It is weird to think that summer is almost over for the people in the lesser fun real world!  I will probably have 2 years of summer since Spain is hot and really has no AC. Olympics going good?

Ok my favorite part for this week.  Not a whole lot exciting happened, but when we went to the temple this morning I noticed something very amazing.  We were just sitting in the chapel waiting to go into our endowment room and I was just sitting there enjoying my peace and listening to the organ play.  But then I noticed that the man had no music notes in front of him.  So my first thought was wow he must have a lot memorized and that is really impressive.  But then I noticed that in between songs he was always feeling around for new keys and buttons he had to push so he could play the next song. And then while he was playing he never looked down at the keys or anything like that.  Then it finally hit me, he was blind.  He was blind and playing the organ flawlessly and with no effort.  I just think that is so amazing, it really does show that if you put your mind to something then you can really do it.  A blind man was playing the organ, which if I know correctly, is very complex.  I still can’t believe it.  Some people in this world are truly amazing.  And even the other day in our Sunday fireside, 3 elders who are serving missions at the Provo MTC referral center since they have disabilities, put together an amazing musical piece.  I felt the spirit so strong and even stronger since they have disabilities.  And yet they are here in the Provo MTC for 2 years serving at the referral center and they love it.

It is just another testimony to me that nothing can stop me and unless I let it.  With the Lord on your side, and the willingness to sacrifice and dedicate everything to the Lord, anything is possible.  Especially on the mission.  I can’t wait to see the miracles in the field!! All my friends on missions already have already bore witness to me about the power of miracles.  Having a 19 year old, snot nose kid turn into a missionary speaking another language is a miracle in and of itself.  I love this gospel and I KNOW this work is real. I know it is.  And most importantly, I know that my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Father in Heaven lives.  I have never known that more than I do now.


Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment