Monday, September 24, 2012

Another Week in the Books!


Hello family and friends!

What a week. We have been so crazy busy and this week will only be even busier. But the good news is we will be baptizing my first investigator this Saturday! And hopefully our other one too. We are being so blessed here in Zaragoza and are leading the mission in baptisms. We are so lucky to be in this city. The members have been helping us out a lot too, it really does mean a lot to us. Missionaries need all the help we can get ha ha. So don’t ever be afraid to help them out or just give them a call!! And this week is the week we receive call for transfers, it is already the sixth week!  I am pretty much staying for sure but I am just hoping and praying that my trainer doesn’t leave me. He has been here four transfers and that is pretty long. If he leaves it will be like me getting a new coach in the middle of the season, because they have you in training for 12 weeks here because of the language. So I really hope he doesn’t go!

So my miracle for the week. We were talking to one of our investigators who has a baptism date but was really unsure about it the last couple of times we talked to her. She said that she hasn’t received a firm answer yet, so we were trying to push the envelope and set a date with her last week. So we got there to begin a lesson and my trainer said alright, you got this one or in other words, take the lead. So we got our prayer and our greetings over and then it was my turn to start us off. But I felt inspired to ask her something, but I didn’t know what. So we sat there in silence for about 30 seconds while I thought. And an inspired question straight from the heavens came into my head and I asked her, “how are you feeling about your baptism?” And then she said without hesitation, “I know that I need to be baptized now, and I know it is what I want to do.” Me and my companion wanted to jump out of our chairs!! But had to stay professional  ha ha. But it was just a miracle and I am so glad that the Holy Spirit is always there to help anyone, and I am so thankful to have it as my other companion on the mission.

Ok sorry, still have to write president, so I need to go to stay within my hour! But I love you all and really appreciate all the support I receive from all of you. I always love hearing from family and friends. So let me feel it!! Ha ha. The Gospel is true and I love the mission.

un brazo y mucho amor,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment