Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Work Work Work!


Hello family and friends!!!

My first full week in the mission. It is really true how the days are so insanely long and we are so tired but by the time church came on Sunday, it was a shock on how fast it came. And church here is a zoo, but our chapel was filled this week!! It was so incredible. There are people from all over the world here such as Africa, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Columbia, and many other countries. So we teach a lot of Africans and they are so accepting of the gospel, so about half of our branch is African and they have separate English classes during Sunday school that we normally teach. The Spaniards on the other hand aren’t too accepting of the gospel. They are a lot harder to teach but we try our best and I have faith that there are people prepared for us, I just have to find them.

For the record, modesty is a huge issue here. I have already seen things I wish I hadn’t!! But it is just the culture here. My area in Zaragoza is so beautiful. It is so pretty!!! And the weather has been really nice the last couple of days. It was so hot when I first got here but now it just feels nice. Hopefully it won’t warm up again. I love walking as a missionary too, it is just relaxing until someone yells at us or we try to contact someone and they yell at us. I have never been rejected and yelled at so much in my life, well maybe I have ha ha. But it is really tough work and it is frustrating sometimes when we spend 40 minutes getting to somebody’s apartment and they aren’t home but we just keep the faith and keep pressing on. We have been working so hard since we are white washing this area. Being trained in one is hard but I love it.

Not much time but I know that this work is true. We see miracles every day. Our mission goal is 600 baptisms by the end of this year; we are somewhere in the 300s. Please pray for this goal, we have faith to get it but have a lot of work to do. I love my Heavenly Father. I know he is helping me with my Spanish, it is coming very slowly. And my head hurts by the end of the day after focusing for so long but I just need to practice patience. I might not have any left after the mission ha ha. I love you all, the church is true!!

Elder Farah
 
Daniel's District

 
Celebrating Elder Tirado's Birthday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment