Monday, November 19, 2012

Turkey Week!


Hello family!!!

Well...Happy Thanksgiving to everyone back home. I hope that Josh catches a
touchdown for me in the Turkey Bowl. This week was also a bad week for
sports, BYU and the Ducks lost to some sub-par teams...Especially the
Ducks! Ha but oh well.

My companion is a stud and well, let’s just say, that President Pace is his
Uncle!! And not only that, it gets better; his dad is THE Elder Pearson in
the First Quorum of the Seventy. Yes, I am companions with a General
Authority’s son. It is crazy; he told me all of this yesterday. He is such
a hard worker and very, very obedient. I know that we will do great things
together. Of course I still miss my father of the mission Elder Tirado,
but I love Elder Pearson, he is a such a nice soul.

This week we kind of re-set the area so to speak, cleared out the phone, area
book, and went through a bunch of old investigators and passed by a bunch
of members to get references and are trying to find new investigators really bad!! We
have our 2 baptisms still lined up for this Saturday, and it is a husband
and wife!! We love bringing families into the Gospel, this Gospel truly
blesses families. I just know it does. I am so excited for them to be
baptized this Saturday. There is still a lot of work to do, but it is all good. And
this week was pretty crazy. Technically Elder Pearson is the senior
companion but since I am the one who knows the area I was making all the
calls, getting around our area in Spain (which can be difficult by bus and
everything in Spanish) so it was a different experience!! But I think we
did all right. I was a little nervous at first because I had to do all
that but I prayed really hard to be comforted and I know that the Lord
helped me more than anything. PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED. I just know they are.
Prayer is so powerful. We have a lot of new visits with new people this
coming week and I am very excited to set some baptism dates and teach
people the Gospel!! I get excited for visits with new people these days,
it is funny how excited I get.

My favorite miracle from the week was a recent convert who is already less
active showed up to church for the first time in a while. I had never seen
him or knew who he was. So we jumped on him, set a visit, and he has a wife
and a family that haven´t been baptized yet. We are very excited to
encounter this family this week and start teaching them. There is nothing
more rewarding then bringing families into the Gospel. We have high hopes to
teach this family this week. What a miracle it was to have him randomly
show up to church this week. The Lord really does place people in your
path; you just need to work for it.

So well as always I have a favor to ask of all of you through prayer. One
of our recent converts, Mike, his brother who was 22 died on Saturday. He
came up to me on Sunday and I gave him a big hug and he looked at me with
tears in his eyes and said my brother died. We are visiting him tonight; I
feel so badly for him. I love this man so much. He changed his life to be
baptized, got rid of drugs, alcohol, and sex. His life is changed. I am
glad he has the Gospel in his life now to help him through but please
pray for his comfort.

I love you all so much! Keep the faith!! Do work!!!

Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment