Monday, January 21, 2013

No me gusta los trens...



Buena’s Dias!

We had interviews this past Thursday and they were great! I just love seeing President Pace and his wife.  They truly are amazing people.  I love just talking with them and being with them.  Even though our interviews are only like 15 minutes long, they are so amazing and the spirit is always so strong and I get the chance to receive revelation and advice from him on what I can do to be better and how to be a better missionary!! It is so great. But the only thing was with the trains again.  We went to buy our ticket home because we were in a different city and our train was to leave at 5:00.  And that is the ticket we asked for, but they gave us tickets for a train that left at 4:50 - and we arrived at like 4:45.  So we ran to try and catch it but missed it, and by the time we tried to catch the one at 5:00 it was too late.  So we had to wait for like 2 hours to catch another one, it was frustrating at first because these good old Spaniards aren’t the nicest here sometimes ha ha but we made it fun and it was nice just to laugh and talk with my companion and the other two elders.

So we found this man named Tony who is a less active. He came to church on Sunday and he was so happy, he even came in a nice shirt and tie. But we asked where his wife was, because she isn’t baptized and we want to baptize her, and he said she couldn’t make it this time and he looked so sad, but told us I pray that she can come next week.  I have developed so much love for this man, and on Sunday I could see it in his eyes that he wants his wife with him at church and baptized so bad. It was a miracle to see how much this man really loves church and wants his family in it, and how much he missed attending meetings. We need to get his wife and whole family in the gospel.  I really would love to see this family together in the gospel; I love this man so much.

Other than that, we are just pressing on with the 1000 baptism goal. Transfers are in 2 weeks and I will probably be heading out, and I don’t want to go! I love the people here so much in this beautiful city and not to mention our way super nice piso now ha ha.  But I will go wherever the Lord wants me to go.  I am excited to find out what the Lord has in store for me.

I love you all, write me!!

Elder Farah

p.s. some of the visa waiters are starting to come in and our mission is starting to turn upside down, especially with the all sisters.  But the Elders are starting to come in as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if I am training soon....pray for me!! Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment