Monday, January 7, 2013

The 1000 Goal!


Happy New Year!!

Ok so first things first, our mission goal for the year. We ended up with 484 for the past year and our goal was 600. Came up really short but that is still a ton of people! I remember that President Pace said he sees 1000 in his time as a mission president, but I thought that was during his term and that it would increase by increments. Well let’s just say that after a meeting with the zone leaders and his wife, the spirit testified to him that 1000 should be our goal for this year. He said that the spirit confirmed to him that the Lord is more worried about what we are becoming, rather than where we are coming from. So there you have it, our goal for this year is 1000 souls unto Christ. Can you believe that?! He is crazy, but I love him. This is the only time in my life that I will be a full time set apart missionary for 365 days of the year. Ha and it is only fitting that I get to tackle this goal of 1000. So we ask that in every prayer, that you ask for the Spain Barcelona Mission to achieve 1000 baptisms this year!! Thanks :)

So our friend Mercedes got baptized on Friday night. Then she invited us over for dinner on Saturday night with a member family. It does not get any better than that. Being able to enjoy our time with her and see how she has changed so much only in the last three weeks, was incredible. That dinner was incredible and one of those experiences that I will never forget. It is moments like that, that make the mission all worth it. I am forever grateful for that tender mercy that the Lord let me and Elder Pearson experience. I am so grateful I was able to a part of her baptism, and to see that change in her. Not to mention the food was great!! I love her so much, and she even gave us little key chains and leather bookmarks from Peru!! She is so nice.

I am not going to lie, this is the first time in my life I am happy the holidays are over!! It was really frustrating to do the work with all them going on because nobody wanted to meet with you or anything, which is understandable. But a new year, with new goals, and a giant goal of 1000 baptisms. Bring it on, and GO DUCKS!!!!

Love,

 

Elder Farah

p.s....the letter box is a little empty these days, I would love to hear from you guys!! Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment