Tuesday, February 19, 2013

And They go Down!!!


Dearest family and friends, 

Miracles are just happening all over the place!! We started out the week with 0 fechas and now we have 3!! And my first Spanish baptism will be this Saturday!! He is a man that has had contact with the church before about three years ago then just stopped coming for some reason. Come to find out he has studied like every church possible and then felt that this was the true church. I just testified to him that is the Holy Ghost touching his heart and confirming that this is all true and that now is his time to do what is right. And he has already been to church twice and is going down this Saturday!! He is a funny guy who likes to talk a lot and since he has studied a lot of religions he knows a lot of stuff, so we have had to straighten out a few of his thoughts and clear some things up, especially with the plan of salvation, but he is preparing just great!! I am so excited for him to be baptized. The funny thing here is that the church isn’t like a building, it is like a flat, and it’s like a business edificio. Because there is no font, we have to build it like a swimming pool! So that will be interesting to do this Saturday.

The lord really is hastening his work!! We had a ward activity for Valentine’s Day on Friday and a member brought his friend to church and he loved the activity so much he was wondering how to learn more and become a part of it!! So we met with him on Saturday and put a fecha with him! He is a man from Nigeria. The ward here is so great; all the credit goes to them when we have investigators and referrals. The ward is amazing and it is a miracle in of itself to see this ward helping us out so much everyday and offering every help possible. I love the ward here so much. They take really good care of us and we eat with a member every single day and they love the missionaries and are always doing activities to help us out. And I just love spending time with the young single adults, they are so much fun to be with and they love us and always help us with visits. Today I set up basketball with the members here (just the guys of course) so we are going to go play. I am excited to play again! Ha ha.

And yesterday I had to give a 15 minute talk. The bishop called me Saturday and asked if I could give a talk the next day. Of course I said yes but in my head a bunch of alarms went off because there was hardly any time to prepare and for it to be in Spanish!! But I think that I did ok, although I am sure that I butchered a few words and grammar ha ha.

Thank you all for the prayers, we need them out here!! We are always trying to find new people to teach. Going for 1000 this year!!

Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment