Monday, May 20, 2013

Another Week Down!!



So I had an amazing experience this week!!!  We had Elder Teixeira from the Quorum of the Seventy visited us and it was incredible!! Before the conference there was a meeting for just the leaders of the zone and that was really special and I learned to lead my district better!! Then we had about a five hour conference with him after.  He talked to us a lot about finding people because that is the problem here in Europe, finding people to teach!! He told us the story of how the missionaries knocked on his uncle’s door one night, and from there went on to baptize 40 people in his family in a period of three months.  That is insane!! Especially back in those times!! And it was so incredible that he is a convert, and now is a General Authority.  I felt his love so much, and his wife was really funny as well.

How could I not talk about the miracle of the conference this week? And how much of a testimony builder it was for me, and how I know that Elder Teixeira is a man called of God, and is the man called of God to lead the church here in Europe.  I learned so much from him, and the miracle story about him and his family was incredible. I even had the opportunity to have a personal interview with him after.  President picked like five of us missionaries to have a five minute personal interview with him, and I was lucky to be one of them!! I almost feel like I wasted it because I was just in so much awe to be sitting with a General Authority, at his feet. But he is such a loving man, and we all left so inspired. 
We all left with a lot of animo to hit the work hard and find, so that is what we are going to do this week.  Transfers are in three weeks and we will probably change, I might leave. So if I do leave, I want to leave my companion with a lot of work to do here in Castellon for these incredible people. But things are good, just gotta find peeps this week!!

Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment