Monday, October 7, 2013

Having a fixed toe is the best, conference is better!



So as you all know we just listened to the prophet of God and his apostles; the only apostles and prophet that are on this earth with the power and authority of God. I love conference!! It has taken a whole new meaning for me and I have never loved it so much. Something about being a missionary just makes it that much better. I loved how Elder Hales started out the conference by talking about conference, go figure! It really is the Lord’s conference. No wonder it’s so good...

We didn’t see the Sunday afternoon session; we have to wait for the Liahona (Ensign) to read it in a month or so. But I really don’t have a favorite talk!! I loved so many of them, but my favorite inspirational line I pulled out was “you can do it, now.”  I love that!!! We can do anything, now, with the help of God. And in my missionary head I thought “I can baptize and be a great missionary, now.” I take what I have, and give it to the Lord, and he will multiply it and work through me! I feel like I have learned so much in these last 3 weeks between stake, zone, and general conference.

And for my toe...I have not felt that much pain in a long, long time.....it was terrible!! It turns out it was super in-grown, I thought I saw the edge of the nail and just had an infection but turned out I had both. The doctor looked at it, shook her head and said we are taking this out now and hacked my toe. It killed. But she took out the nail then had to clean it all up in there to get the infection out. Now I am on drugs for the infection and going back Thursday so she can stop it from in-growing again because she cut so far down. It killed! And for some reason couldn’t give me anesthesia because of the infection or something. But now it feels great!

And we have our baptism locked in this week; we have the interview set and everything! We are very excited. He is a 20 year old Bolivian. Miracle! 

I hope you all enjoyed conference and encourage you to look over your notes and talks. 

Love you all!!

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment