Tuesday, January 21, 2014

30 a week



So this week was so crazy for me!! But we saw so many miracles.  First is that I went and did an intercombio (companion exchange) with the district leader in another island of Menorca.  I took a flight out there and did a baptism interview and spent the next day there.  It was such a typical Spanish pueblo out there!! It was really neat to experience it, but I just got no sleep and have another cold again because it was freezing out there. Because obviously I have to catch a flight and I have to be at the airport 2 hours early says the mission so I woke up at 5 am on Wednesday and then Friday to catch it.  But it was worth it!! And in 2 weeks I am going out to the other island of Ibiza to another intercombio. I love being zone leader on the islands, it is a little more work since we are spread out, and a lot of traveling, but I love it!!  And as a zone, the record in the mission is ten baptisms in one transfer.  I wanna break that!! It is so tiny, and now this zone has doubled in missionaries in the last 6 months.  Going for the records books, I ain’t leaving this island until we do it as a zone. 

We saw a lot of miracles this week. But one in particular that stood out was with this family from Ecuador. We had a mom and dad and their 10 year old daughter come to church yesterday and it is a crazy story. About 2 weeks ago I contacted a man in the street. We got his information and set the cita but then he fired us. But then 2 days later we saw him talking with one of our members, and we were like hey do you know each other? And they said yes. Que milagro!! His family went to a primary activity el dia de los reyes on Monday and they loved it and they all came to church and stayed for all 3 hours and now we have a visit with the whole family in the member’s home!! And so they can be baptized in 2 weeks, with the help of this member. It was such a huge miracle. I want to baptize this family of Ecuador so bad, so we will see how this week goes!!

Other than that, things are going good. We had 6 in church this past week.  Now we need all of them on date and carry them to the water and start baptizing every week.  The weather here is pretty warm for the middle of January, gotta love it.  Ok love you all!!

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment