Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How Does Cellulitis Sound?


OK before I tell this story I want all to know that I am perfectly fine now and there are no problems.  Can´t have Mamma Farah freak out here!!!

So about two weeks ago my knee started feeling really funny and it hurt to kneel on it.  So I thought I just pulled something and forgot about it.  But throughout the week it started to swell up bigger and bigger and hurt more and more to where I couldn't kneel on it or walk comfortably.  So then by me walking and limping a little bit, it totally screwed up my back. So I was looking at it one night and it was twice the size of my other knee, and super red and super hot to the touch and the redness was spreading down my leg.  I called the doctor and got in the next day (Tuesday).  He straight up tells me I have full blown Cellulitis, which is blood poisoning,  And it was starting to spread at a rapid rate (at this point I have a fever as well) and that if I would have waited another day I would have been in the hospital!!! So crazy!!! So he gave me some pills and a gel to rub on my knee and he said to elevate it and do nothing and to call him the next day to see if it all worked, because if it didn't work I was going to go to the hospital. So we all prayed that the drugs worked!! So luckily the drugs worked and I went to see him 2 days later and he said I was improving great and now I just have to finish my box of pills.
How did i get it?? I cut my knee somehow, I think it was when we were playing basketball outside on p-day and I scraped it.  And then from kneeling on my knees to pray, the infection entered through that cut I had. So in a nutshell I got cellultis from cutting my knee and praying on my knees too much!! Ha ha so insane!! but now i am fine :) The craziest things have happened to me out here on the mish. First the cut on my eyeball, then the ingrown toenail, now cellulitis. Gotta love it. no worries I am fine now.It stunk to stay inside 2 days but I didn't want to go to the hospital.
But we have a baptism this week!! Our 88 year old grandma should be getting baptized. So great!! And then we have interviews with president this week on Wednesday. And we are teaching that family from Ecuador and they should be getting baptized on the 8th!! We are seeing lots of miracles, going for the record baby!!
OK love you all, hasta la proxima!!

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment