Monday, December 10, 2012

All I want for Christmas...is more baptisms!! And to hear from family and friends


Hello family and friends!!

This week was great. We had a zone conference with President Pace!! I love seeing him and his wife; I just love them so much. And I love learning from him and her and the assistants that we have. They are amazing missionaries, and I know that President Pace is called of God and holds the keys to the success of this mission. After hearing from Elder Richards, we have all been trying to teach more simply. Teach someone as if they were an 8 year old getting baptized, which is really what we are doing when it comes to their knowledge of the church. And I know how to teach simply with my Spanish skills, ha ha, but I am improving everyday and trying my best. And we have been knocking a lot more doors.  The Area Presidency of Europe has encouraged us to knock doors during lunchtime so we have been trying that in our proselytizing. If I can baptize a true Spanish family on my mission, that would be such a huge miracle. The hardest part is getting into the apartment because the main door is always locked and sometimes there is a door man. So I hit 7 or 8 buttons at a time assuming somebody is expecting someone then they buzz the door open and we walk in. Or I say cartas, which means letters and sometimes they think I am the mailman and let me in. We make it fun.

We met with Edward yesterday after church and had a lesson with him. He is doing so good and he wants to change his life so bad. We found out that he was in jail for a while and in there he would read the Bible. But now he is reading the Book of Mormon ;) We taught him the law of chastity and the word of wisdom and he gladly accepted both of them. He has already stopped all the drugs and didn’t know coffee was bad so now he will stop that. And I had to straight up tell him no more sex. My companion is very formal and sincere, and tried to explain it in a formal way, but then I just straight up told him to stop. He wants to, he gladly accepts everything. We are seeing him three more times this week. I love this man so much, he is doing so good and I know that the Lord prepared him for us. His whole story is a miracle, and his pisomate Mike helps us a lot and helps him a lot. We are visiting him tomorrow and you bet I will be checking his fridge for beer ha ha.

We are trying to stay warm here. There is a ton of wind in Zaragoza and that can be rough sometimes, but we just keep walking and put one foot in front of another and the Lord blesses us and gives us the strength to keep going. I really hope to hear from all of you this Christmas, hope you are all having a good holiday month!!

Love,

 Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment