Monday, March 4, 2013

Hello Family and Friends!!

Well this week turned out incredible. But the first like 4 days up until Friday were super tough and we saw nothing and everything was firing on us. It was hard, but we didn’t get discouraged and we kept going. So by the time Friday rolled around we set a fecha! A women named Cindy who has been coming for church with her husband, who is a member for the last 5 years, but only has talked with the missionaries once (???) so I jumped on her and she is prepared. She will be going down on the 23rd. The only hard thing is that she lives in a little pueblo about 30 minutes from Castellon, but is very committed and faithful to be baptized. We just have to get out there now to teach her.

And the next day Saturday was even more incredible. First was the primera palada, the groundbreaking ceremony for the first actual capilla here in Castellon. It was such a neat experience and the spirit was so strong and all the members are so excited to have a church building here in about 10 months. And the members that started this ward bore their testimonies of how it is incredible to watch their city grow into what they have today. And we all wrote our testimonies and put them in a time capsule to be opened in 50 years. I am a part of history in Castellon!! So I guess that means that I have to come back to Castellon in50 years to open up my testimony ;)

But the miracle with a man named Pablo, the Bishop’s brother is incredible. Apparently his records were lost. By him being baptized, so many doors will open up. I thought he already was!! He is such a nice man, but just didn’t want to commit to this covenio. He has a family of 4 and a wife who is just a saint and she got up and bore her testimony on Sunday about how God answers prayers and I knew it had to do with her husband. He can now get sealed to his wife and his family a year from Saturday and receive the priesthood very soon. He wasn’t able to baptize his first 2 kids, but now he will be able to baptize the last two. The more we teach him, the more we find out that this has been a process over the last 4 years. Long time!!! I am just so grateful that he can receive all these blessings and bless his family now and be sealed together forever. And the bishop and his family couldn’t be happier. He is the last one that they were missing in the family to be baptized. What a miracle!!

We were teaching the Plan of Salvation and I don’t think I have ever born a stronger testimony on how families can be together forever, after he gets baptized and can be sealed to his family. It was so strong, and an experience I will never forget.

Sunday was amazing. I love fast and testimony meeting. I even got up and bore my own and it was the first time I feel like that I was able to bear it in confidence in the Spanish language. Afterwards I felt so full of the spirit. I love this work. I love this gospel, and I love growing in it and experiencing miracles. The Lord is to kind!! But it only took me 8 months to feel comfortable to bear my testimony in sacrament....jolines!

So this week ended up really good after it started out so bad. You just have to keep the faith and keep pressing on. Now we are going to go play ball with some of the YSA kids. I tried to invite as many as I could including the less active ones and ones who aren’t baptized so we can build that relationship first and get them back in church!! Or in the church. I love the ward and kids here so much. Keep the faith!!

Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment