Monday, March 25, 2013

What a Week!




So this week was full of so many miracles. The new missionaries always bring them straight to the field! I will say this, training is a lot of work. From 7:29a.m. to 11:31p.m. I am doing everything! And teaching as I go of course. I just remember how I was the same way, always asking questions and I never knew what was going on. But Elder Perkis is so great! He is a spiritual giant and has a killer testimony and he is so excited to share it with the other people of Spain. He is just trying to get the hang of things and trying to get over the initial shock. I think he is over it now so now we can just do work!

Cindy is getting baptized this Friday, and it is the greatest birthday present I could ever ask for!! She is so prepared and so ready and all we have to do is finish the lessons and then she is ready. And I don’t see any more problems with her baptism. I don’t know if I mentioned this before but we have to build the font every time there is a baptism because there is no font!! So it is like building a swimming pool almost, it is pretty funny.

Another great experience that he had is that after church on Sunday us and the bishop and some other members went out to this little town that is 2 hours away to hold the very first official sacrament of the the church. There are 2 families out there that are members, and some less active families. So I think the stake is making an effort to open up a branch out there and this is the first step. And not only that, but there were like 10 investigators there as well!! These 2 families did all that they could to get people there. And I got to bless the sacrament. It was great to be a part of history again, and I really hope that a branch opens there soon. There is a lot of work out there and you gotta start somewhere!! So we will see what happens. But it was a fun adventure to go out there and a great experience to help these people feel the real spirit of Christ in their lives.

Oh and I got a phone call Saturday afternoon asking if I could give another 15 talk on Sunday again. I spoke on the sacrament and I think it went well! It is just funny that we always get those kinds of things. But that means that the members trust us, so that is always good.

Today we went out to this town called Peñíscola were there is a castle on right on the beach. It was so pretty and so much fun. 2 members took us out there, and we had a great time. That is where these pictures are from. It has been a very fun preparation day and the castle was gorgeous! And it was fun to be with the 2 members.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!! I hope everything is going good.

Love,

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment