Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Didn't See That Coming!!!



Well not sure how to say this.  But later today I will be catching a flight straight from Bilbao to an island called Palma de Mallorca to be the new Zone Leader!!! I was so shocked when President called me.  We are in the middle of the transfer but a zone leader out there went home 3 weeks early to start school at BYU and so president says he needs me to go take his spot and serve as Zone Leader.  I am really excited but nervous at the same time. It is a zone consisting of 3 islands. It is a district of 6 branches and they are working on getting a stake. Every unit is a branch. So again it is so great to be a part of building the church in Spain. President said we need a stake out there so that means baptisms, reactivations, and setting an example for the missionaries in the zone. Let’s go get a stake of Zion!!

But I had no idea that was coming so I didn’t have a lot of time today to say goodbye to people, and yesterday we had a zone conference in Bilbao with President Pace (hence why today is preparation day).  But we had a family night last night at the church and so I was able to say goodbye to a lot of people there and they had me bear my testimony in church Sunday, after they found out I was leaving Saturday. I really will miss this place, I have never worked so hard, walked so much, or contacted and knocked so much but I learned a ton. And the members really are great, and they were very sad to see me go, especially before Christmas because I had made plans with all of them to eat!! Ha ha so it’s a bummer to go a week before Christmas, but I am excited to serve the zone.

Well that’s about it, time to go do some work out on the islands!!! 

Elder Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment